Author Topic: Any good reasons to buy versys 1000  (Read 2244 times)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: Any good reasons to buy versys 1000
Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 06:48:46 PM
*Originally Posted by TSloper [+]
I purchased a 2020 Versys SE LT+ 3 weeks ago and have put on 850 miles already. This is my first bike and I have no regrets so far. I didn’t want a cruiser and with my height (6’ 4”) this bike was a perfect fit. I spent about an hour tweaking the lever placements after a couple weeks. I found those tiny changes to be well worth the time and effort.

Tim

Welcome along to the forum and Versys1000 ownership Tim...enjoy your bike and ride safe 
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Offline tonybro

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 1000 Versys SE GT
  • City / Town: Dartmoor
Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 06:50:08 AM
Got mine about 9 months old and great condition. Really happy with the bike, having owned four Verys 650 and a 2019 V Strom 1000.
Usual Kawasaki finish and very responsive engine. Don't use quick shifter as a rule and could do without it, although find the Cruise control really useful on longer journeys up North.
Personally find the seat ok but start shifting around after a couple of hours, so going to have a comfort seat made. As the OEM seat is slightly wider, your foot stance (im 6'1") is spread when stationary. Going to have the sides sculptured, as per a standard previous Versys would be and feet position closer to machine.
My screen has yellowed, so Kawasaki getting new one for me under warranty.
More than enough grunt and dont go mad as in my 50s and generally keep to limits.
Got rid of my 2019 VStrom 1000 after 3 months as felt totally uninspired by it, due to lack of design, finish and feel good factor.
The Versys makes me smile on every trip and thoroughly enjoy the ride. Well worth a test drive and if your happy to pick up a year old model will save yourself about £4500

Offline thebakinator

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: New Palestine
Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 12:37:34 PM
I bought my 2019 last year after selling my 2015 Honda Goldwing.  Prior to the Versys 1000, I road Goldwings and large cruisers.  I had no exposure to riding an adventure style motorcycle until I rented one on a trip to Ireland in 2018.  The Goldwing is an incredibly comfortable touring bike.  However, I would find myself choosing to drive the car for errands and getting to work because I didn't want to deal with the weight of the wing.  The Versys looked to me as a good replacement for the wing, because it had the features I would use like cruise control and the engine was smooth and powerful for touring.  I did switch to a Sargent seat.  I have about 6,000 miles on mine and I absolutely love the bike.  I think it is the perfect touring machine for me. 

Offline DHarvey

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Rocket III/V1K
  • City / Town: Adirondacks
Reply #23 on: July 01, 2020, 08:36:53 PM
It's gotta be well over a year since I last came onto the forum but I did today and saw this post topic. I bought the 2015 V1 in March that year and use it both for business trips and each year a couple thousand mile trek down into the Smokies with riding buddies. I can't say enough about the bike after 17,000 miles. If you like hammering twistes, this is your bike. It's what I call a 'point and click' bike, just roars through the turns mile after mile. I splurged and bought a Baldwin seat (most comfortable I've ever ridden) so it's great for touring and two -up riding. I had a Connie for several years and this is far more nimble (less weight) and very quick for passing.

By the way, I've been a long time Triumph guy, bought the original 2300cc Rocket III in 2004 and just traded it in on its new big brother the 2500CC R3 GT. Woof! What a ride :)

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
Reply #24 on: July 02, 2020, 08:07:48 AM
*Originally Posted by Kryton 2 [+]
When we were all younger, or most of us at least, i used to fly up and down the gearbox because i could, not that i needed to, but because i want to get everywhere quickly, in as shorter time as possible. Now as to overtaking on the Versys, at 70 mph if you start an overtake, 6th will do the job, all you need to do is twist the throttle. If you need a bit more acceleration, then pop down to 5th. There's no need to use 4th as that will throw the revs up around 7k, and sure, plenty of power to overtake there, but that's not what the Versys is all about, at least for me.

My bike stays in 6th gear most of the time, i'm not interested in fast overtakes and zooming around like a loon anymore. Plenty of other bikes that fill that gap, i just don't think the Versys is that type of bike. I go touring every year, load the bike up and off i go. I rarely see 100mph, partly because i need my licence for my job, plus i can't be bothered anymore. I do however love the acceleration and torque, the comfort, etc, which is why i ride the Versys. So if i wanted to revert to my former self, i'd by an SX, but i don't need spaceship acceleration anymore, not that the Versys can't do it, i just don't want to. Finally, what benefit is there to dropping down to 4th when overtaking at that speed anyway?
The voice of ( very good ) reason.    :002:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline uralrob

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 V1k, 2014 V650
  • City / Town: Bridgewater N.S.
Reply #25 on: July 02, 2020, 12:22:04 PM

True ... but if I operated on (very good) reason all the time I wouldn't be riding a motorcycle  :003: .

Rob.

Offline DHarvey

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Rocket III/V1K
  • City / Town: Adirondacks
Reply #26 on: July 04, 2020, 04:30:58 PM
Well 1000milesaway, as the old adage goes 'ride your ride' and obviously though our riding styles are very different we both have found the secret to miles of smiles.

Offline wwb

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: versys 1000 LT SE+
  • City / Town: MANITOWOC, WI
Reply #27 on: July 05, 2020, 05:33:50 PM
I have the LT SE+ with all the bells and whistles.  Only a couple thousand miles on it, but after getting the suspension adjusted to my liking and turning off the quick shifter, I'm quite happy with it.  I previously had a Concours 14, so the acceleration now seems pretty tame in comparison, but it is still more than adequate.  If need be, taking it down 1 gear provides more than enough ooomph.

Offline SaultGuy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 LT SE 1000
  • City / Town: Sault Ste. Marie Ont
Reply #28 on: July 05, 2020, 11:02:20 PM
The title of this thread should read 'Any good reasons NOT to buy Versys 1000' :756:

Online Floydsz1

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
Reply #29 on: July 06, 2020, 10:59:42 AM
 :762:

waggish