Author Topic: Just bought Versys 1000 SE with 3000 miles- Questions  (Read 567 times)

Offline Doogle

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000 SE
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
I haven't ridden the Versys 5 miles yet, but I'm happy with it. But I have a few questions.

1. I'm 6'1" and want a higher windshield or some other option.
2. I have the Rideology App. But having trouble pairing with my Android phone. It doesn't recognize the bike. Also when the bike asks for a passcode, I have no clue where I find it. The app doesn't have good ratings. But I want to try it out.
3. I removed a bar mount Zumo bracket and harness (no GPS). Is there a market place on this forum?
4. I am disappointed with one thing. Having to remove too many pieces of plastic (and they seem flimsy) to add to radiator, check some fuses, etc. I'm careful removing prongs from grommets. But it will probably break something if done enough times. 
5. I am surprised this bike isn't more popular. But I wish it was a little more adventure oriented.

Offline TQ_PDX

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 19 V1K SE LT
  • City / Town: Portland, Oregon
Re: Just bought Versys 1000 SE with 3000 miles- Questions
Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 02:46:42 AM
Hello Doogle. Welcome to this fine forum. A great resource.

There is an Items For Sale section here.

The Rideology App has it's challenges. And the benefits may not be worth fighting thru if your device is not plug and play IMO.

You have found the biggest group of fans of this bike in the world. Miles six thru a million are going to be really fun on the Versys.

Offline Keener

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 04:22:30 AM
Here in Canada for the most part the Versys 1000 is rare , but those that have them i think understand that it is a machine that guarantees reliability and decent performance overall .I think Kawasaki has achieved what they meant to build and on their own terms, its a motorcycle that is special unto its self, comparing it to others is fruitless.
Those that ride them know these strengths and enjoy them to the fullest.
Loads of information here and tips to help you with the few issues that may arise, one to start is a little vaseline on the grommets will keep them fresh and easy to use for years to come  :007:.
 :185:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 08:58:26 AM
Hiya Doogle, as others have said this forum is an excellent resource  for all things V1000 related

I'm going to suggest that you try the 'search' button (just next to the 'Home" tab... top left) if you do you will no doubt find a huge amount of posts which will help with your questions........... still ask if you are stuck as the members on here are very helpful and knowledgeable    :028:   
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Online TallyRex

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 12:11:12 PM
Congrats on your new bike and welcome aboard  :031:

Offline The Saint

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: New Delhi
Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 01:43:20 PM
hi, how do we access the for sale section to buy stuff? Any link? Thx.
*Originally Posted by TQ_PDX [+]
Hello Doogle. Welcome to this fine forum. A great resource.

There is an Items For Sale section here.

The Rideology App has it's challenges. And the benefits may not be worth fighting thru if your device is not plug and play IMO.

You have found the biggest group of fans of this bike in the world. Miles six thru a million are going to be really fun on the Versys.

Offline TQ_PDX

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 19 V1K SE LT
  • City / Town: Portland, Oregon
Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 02:27:59 PM
*Originally Posted by The Saint [+]
hi, how do we access the for sale section to buy stuff? Any link? Thx.

Not sure what device you are using. Find the “Home” section of this Forum. Once you arrive there scroll down towards the bottom of that screen. Look for the section header: “Marketplce - For Sale/Wanted”
Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 02:30:53 PM by TQ_PDX

Offline The Saint

• Versys Newbie
  • City / Town: New Delhi
Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 05:50:27 PM
thank you so much mate.

Offline 190 Octane

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Houston
Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 05:04:16 PM
For the windscreen, I believe Puig, Givi, and VStream all offer taller options.  Kawasaki also sells one that looks exactly like the stock windscreen, but is taller and wider.

For the app, I'm not sure what you have tried so far, but I had to pair my phone through the app.  I could pair the bike to the phone under my phones Bluetooth settings, but it wouldn't recognize the pairing in the app.  The app has its own pairing process, once I went thought that it connected ever time. 

I also don't think the app runs in the background.  I wanted to do a log on one of my rides, but I also use my phone for navigation.  I thought the log would run in the background while I used the phone for guidance, but it didn't.  Not sure if this is an app thing or an android thing.

Anyway, hope you are enjoying the new bike.
2K19 V1K "Estrada"
2K15 V1K "Rooster" - Gone
02 Moto Guzzi Stone

Offline Rockdoc

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2019 V1000 SE GT
  • City / Town: Derby
Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 09:19:42 AM
*Originally Posted by 190 Octane [+]
I also don't think the app runs in the background.  I wanted to do a log on one of my rides, but I also use my phone for navigation.  I thought the log would run in the background while I used the phone for guidance, but it didn't.  Not sure if this is an app thing or an android thing.
The Android app doesn't stay connected in the background. I have some others, including iOS ones, that don't and it seems to be they need exclusive and, possibly, proprietary access to the Bluetooth system. Put any other app, whether or not it needs BT, on top and the BT connection is dropped. I haven't tried - I found the app pointless and deleted it - but if the app doesn't prevent the screen lock kicking in it may cut off anyway.

Keith
2019 Emerald Blazed Green/Metallic Flat Spark Black SE GT.
Where do they get the names for these colours?

waggish