Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 10:31:06 PM
No Probs Tyke.
We had ten days in total and those smiles were never off our faces

Offline flatfour

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys GT
Re: test
Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 08:37:12 AM
I've been to the Hotel Weissespitze some 15 miles from Landeck (on the way to the glacier).

It's well set up for bikes, with a large underground garage equipped with a wash bay. When I visited in 2016, it was home to the BMW Test Fleet, around 30 bikes that could be hired for a day or longer.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
Reply #12 on: July 03, 2020, 09:08:13 AM
*Originally Posted by Scarecrow [+]
The handsome chap on the right is me along with two mates at the top of the Timmelsjoch pass last year .
  You passed the screen test with flying colours, but tell your two mates that white boots  :5: on old blokes is a fail.    :008: :008:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Reply #13 on: July 03, 2020, 09:16:41 AM
*Originally Posted by flatfour [+]
I've been to the Hotel Weissespitze some 15 miles from Landeck (on the way to the glacier).

It's well set up for bikes, with a large underground garage equipped with a wash bay. When I visited in 2016, it was home to the BMW Test Fleet, around 30 bikes that could be hired for a day or longer.

Colin, I was there with some mates in 2009, its a lovely hotel and the couple that own/run the place are very friendly (Willie and his wife? )

The underground car park is indeed excellent, its a hotel offering BMW Mottorad  facilities .... I was on my GTR 
:745:   
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Rog

Offline flatfour

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys GT
Reply #14 on: July 03, 2020, 02:29:32 PM
The couple that you mention were indeed there Rog, together with what I think was their daughter and son - in - law, who were also heavily involved in running the Hotel.

The only real problem that we had was weather - rain was torrential, both there and when passing through Germany on the way, although the return was fine. (It was July!).

During our stay, the only motorcycle that moved was one from the BMW Test Fleet, hired by a dealer for half - a - day for a customer from Landeck to try, as he was a potential buyer.

On that trip we were in the car, I'm pleased to say. It was scheduled to be the GTR, however the drive shaft bearings failed shortly before leaving and, although we held off for a few days awaiting its repair, it became obvious that it would not be ready anytime soon as the replacement shaft was on its way from Japan by sea. In the end it took three weeks.