Author Topic: 2019 SE Delvic Exhaust  (Read 611 times)

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
Re: 2019 SE Delvic Exhaust
Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 05:13:24 PM
Hi Steve, as things didn't quite go to plan i don't have a before graph. Id already swopped the exhaust a couple of months before i got it on my mates dyno. The reason being he doesn't have the appropriate leads and software to plug into the mk3 2019 ecu, we didn't realise its different to the 2015/2018 previous model so all i was concerned with was to see if its fuelling ok so as not to damage the engine. Going by what kawasaki quote as 120bhp, at the crank I'd expect to loose anything up to 10 bhp by the time it got to the rear wheel, once he can get the appropriate software form Woolwich he can do mine and then we can at least get a before (to a certain extent) and after.

Offline Steve in sunny Fla

• Approved Vendor
  • Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 05:21:17 PM
*Originally Posted by Floydsz1 [+]
Hi Steve, as things didn't quite go to plan i don't have a before graph. Id already swopped the exhaust a couple of months before i got it on my mates dyno. The reason being he doesn't have the appropriate leads and software to plug into the mk3 2019 ecu, we didn't realise its different to the 2015/2018 previous model so all i was concerned with was to see if its fuelling ok so as not to damage the engine. Going by what kawasaki quote as 120bhp, at the crank I'd expect to loose anything up to 10 bhp by the time it got to the rear wheel, once he can get the appropriate software form Woolwich he can do mine and then we can at least get a before (to a certain extent) and after.

I understand. Dyno time is expensive and not convenient. I solved it by dumping thousands of dollars to buy my own dyno. It's an option...  :5:  Steve

Offline tmasalin

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2020 Versys 1000 SE
  • City / Town: San Diego
Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 08:05:56 PM
I am on the 2020 SE model, currently running stock headers (and cat box) with an Akrapovic silencer, really tempted to switch to the Delkevic headers to get a litttttttttle bit of sound out of it.  Question, do I need to add a PowerCommander or an ECU flash if I make that change?
Cheers from sunny San Diego!

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 08:11:25 PM
*Originally Posted by tmasalin [+]
I am on the 2020 SE model, currently running stock headers (and cat box) with an Akrapovic silencer, really tempted to switch to the Delkevic headers to get a litttttttttle bit of sound out of it.  Question, do I need to add a PowerCommander or an ECU flash if I make that change?
Cheers from sunny San Diego!

Let me know if you'd like to buy a set of Delkevic headers.  I have a lightly used set I'd be willing to let go.  They fit my 2017 but I believe they will fit your 2020 as well.  Shoot me a PM if interested. 

I don't think a flash is available for your year model yet but Steve can speak to that.  I would avoid a power commander.

Offline tmasalin

• Versys Member
Reply #14 on: July 30, 2020, 10:55:42 PM
Hi Sweatmachine, I think may be different for the 2019 and up models, different part number on Delkevic site too. 

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Pro
Reply #15 on: July 30, 2020, 10:59:35 PM
Hi Sweatmachine, I think may be different for the 2019 and up models, different part number on Delkevic site too.

You're right but I believe Floydsz1 (who has posted in this thread) has adapted an earlier set like I have onto his 2020 V1k.  I don't know the particulars.

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys God
Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 12:05:48 AM
There's no way the exhaust from a mk2 and a mk3 can be combined. Possibly a full system from a mk2 will fit the mk3 and vise versa but I'm not sure without trying it, and again a full aftermarket system without the cat has more chance of fitting either model.The cat on the mk3 is longer and in 2 parts ( though it is all welded together as one piece), when you remove the stock silencer from the mk3 you will see that the exit from the  cat is behind the center stand, where on the mk2 it is infront of the stand.
I have fitted the akropovic can from my mk2 onto my mk3 but I had to cut and reweld an angled piece into the link pipe to make the angle tighter and shorter so it lined up.
The first one I did was the titanium one I had, but I've since done the same to a carbon one and an using that one now, I just fancied a change .

Personally,  if I removed the system I have on my 2019 in the picture, I can see no reason why it wouldn't fit straight on to a 2015/2018 model. But as I have said,  I haven't tried it.

Delkavik definitely do a system for the mk3 2020 / 2019 model as that is what is fitted to mine.

If you look closely at the picture of my bike earlier on in this thread you can clearly see the exhaust runs under the bike and then up from the rear of  the center stand. Then have a look at an earlier model and you will see the difference. 
Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 12:29:54 AM by Floydsz1

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Pro
Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 12:56:49 AM
Thanks for sharing this info!

:031:

Offline tmasalin

• Versys Member
Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 08:57:44 PM
Floyd, did you do an ecu flash with the header change, or does the Mk3 run fine without it?
I only have about 8k miles on mine, a little nervous about messing with my warranty, but the bike just needs a bit more noise to be perfect! A few extra hp would just be the proverbial cherry on top...

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys God
Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 10:49:02 PM
Floyd, did you do an ecu flash with the header change, or does the Mk3 run fine without it?
I only have about 8k miles on mine, a little nervous about messing with my warranty, but the bike just needs a bit more noise to be perfect! A few extra hp would just be the proverbial cherry on top...

Didn't do a flash , ones not available yet but we checked the fuelling and it runs fine. We will do a flash once we can get the software.  Mines probably got an extra 7 - 10 bhp more. A remap will give more .