Author Topic: Ride to Snowdon and hike up.  (Read 416 times)

Offline peejay69

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Tourer
  • City / Town: Rushden
Ride to Snowdon and hike up.
on: September 04, 2020, 07:43:25 PM
I get my comfy seat back from Ross at cmseats shortly, and the weather for Snowdon summit looks ok for Thursday 10th Sept for an Oh my god itís early ascent.

Considering a 5:00am start from RUSHDEN in Northamptonshire to start up by 9:00 to 9:30 from the free car park at the start of the Ranger Path.

Anyone interested in joining the ride (motorway to Wolverhampton then A5 etc) or for the fresh air hike is welcome.
Iíll keep an eye on the weather as a 15 minute forecast for Snowdon isnít even reliable, let alone 6 days out.
Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 09:38:32 AM by peejay69

Offline peejay69

• Versys Pro
Re: Ride to Snowdon and hike up.
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:38:02 AM
Delaying this until next week. The weather is set to get better for a few days.

From all the replies, messages of support and offers for free petrol and Kendal mint cake, Iím guessing Iím letting at least 0.4 Humans down😛

Offline peejay69

• Versys Pro
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 04:57:29 PM
Iím going tomorrow, 15th, setting off at zero dark thirty to start from the Pen-y-Pass car park up the Miners Path between 9:00 and 9:30am. If itís full, Iíll ride round to the Ranger path as originally planned.

Iíll be testing out the new comfort zones on my modified seat.

Anyone fancying a day out, let me know.

Offline peejay69

• Versys Pro
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 10:59:40 AM
A big thanks to all those forum members who didnít turn up at the publicly posted location and rob all the bits off my bike. What was I thinking? And I used to manage Information Security Programmes for a living!

Anyway, it was a great day out. Free parking in a staff parking area, a great test of my modified seat for 3 hours each way. Numb bum has gone from about an hour into a ride to 3 hours, so plenty for a full fuel tank run. Mileage was over 55mpg with the 16/39 gearing fully loaded and motorway speeds for 80% of the 370 mile round trip.

Bike parked up at Pen-y-pass car park:

waggish