Author Topic: 2015 Test Ride - Don't Own V1K Yet, 1st Post - Thoughts, Win Me Over  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Versys-V1K

• Versys Member
  • Bike: GEN1 FZ1
  • City / Town: Northland
Everyone:

Thanks for all of the constructive feedback and information about your ownership of the V1K. I have agreed in principle to purchase the 2015 that I test rode last weekend. I will not take possession of it until a week from this Saturday though.

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
Good luck with your transaction, and with that week+ wait.

:37:

Offline Versys-V1K

• Versys Member
*Originally Posted by sweatmachine [+]
Good luck with your transaction, and with that week+ wait.

:37:

The 2015, is now in my garage. I purchased it today, and burned through nearly a tank of gas. Probably rode close to 200 miles on a variety of roads that were twisty, straight, rough, smooth, fast, slow, ... Felt fortunate to be able to ride it as much as I did, as we had our first (brief) snowfall yesterday. The thermometer scratched and clawed its way to 55F today, before going back the other way. Pretty impressed with the handling of the Versys 1000, and the bike itself overall.
Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 11:04:24 PM by Versys-V1K

Offline TallyRex

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
Glad you're enjoying your new bike.  Have you decided what to do with the windscreen?

Offline Versys-V1K

• Versys Member
*Originally Posted by TallyRex [+]
Glad you're enjoying your new bike.  Have you decided what to do with the windscreen?

Probably be going with the Sport/Tour model of the VStream from National Cycle. Clear, not tinted for me.

Thanks.

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
*Originally Posted by Versys-V1K [+]
Probably be going with the Sport/Tour model of the VStream from National Cycle. Clear, not tinted for me.

Thanks.

I just got that very one. I havenít ridden with it yet, though. Iíll get some time behind it later this week. Iíll let you know how I like it.

Offline uralrob

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 V1k, 2014 V650
  • City / Town: Bridgewater N.S.

"When revved-out, then backing off throttle, a lot of engine buzzing/vibration/roughness when compared to my FZ1. Concern that during spirited riding in the twisties, of these types of riding and throttle opening/closing for short straights and tight curves, that this would be bothersome or an annoyance. Maybe an ECU flash would help?"

I have a stock 2015 VK1 and don't have these problems.
I'm wondering if a valve adjustment and throttle body sync would help?

Rob.

Offline Versys-V1K

• Versys Member
*Originally Posted by sweatmachine [+]
I just got that very one. I havenít ridden with it yet, though. Iíll get some time behind it later this week. Iíll let you know how I like it.

Thanks, I look forward to your review of it. Mine is on its way.

Offline Versys-V1K

• Versys Member
*Originally Posted by uralrob [+]

"When revved-out, then backing off throttle, a lot of engine buzzing/vibration/roughness when compared to my FZ1. Concern that during spirited riding in the twisties, of these types of riding and throttle opening/closing for short straights and tight curves, that this would be bothersome or an annoyance. Maybe an ECU flash would help?"

I have a stock 2015 VK1 and don't have these problems.
I'm wondering if a valve adjustment and throttle body sync would help?

Rob.

I was thinking the same. They are both on the to do list. Also, fluids' changes, and checking the brake pads thicknesses. Chain and sprockets were replaced within a couple of thousand miles, before I bought the bike, so won't have deal with those.

Thanks.

waggish