Author Topic: Like getting a new bike  (Read 109 times)

Offline Techdeveloper

• Versys Newbie
  • Smiling, sweaty bike freak
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Windermere
Like getting a new bike
on: October 16, 2020, 09:17:09 PM
I have always loved and hated my 2017 Versys 1000.  It has been too jerky rolling on, and rolling off of the throttle.  And the gear changes!  Had me wondering about my ability to control a throttle.  I have been seriously considering selling it for about 8 months, then the Panic-Demic hit and put the halt on everything.

So, on Wednesday I rode 125 miles to meet up with Shoodaben Engineering. Got my ECU reprogrammed.   Steve could not have been more friendly!

The ride home was completely different from the ride there!  While the gear changes were smoother, a lot smoother, the big difference to me was the rolling adjustments that you constantly make while riding.  They were just smooth.  No more slamming forward every time I slow down a little.  Also, slow and steady in second gear, as in traffic, no more surging and lagging when the throttle is not moving!

I spent the whole ride home playing with the throttle at different speeds in different gears and my final analysis was that I can forget about it!  All of that energy and angst that I spent before, struggling to smooth out the ride, and now I can focus on the fun again!  Glad I didnít sell it after all!

Steve insisted on riding along for the first few miles to make sure I was happy.  He has worked really hand at getting this right and you can hear and see the pride.  His Versys sounds freaking awesome, like they should sound.  Now I have to save up for an exhaust system!  Darn you Steve!

Then I enjoyed the whole ride home.  Donít know how I made it home without a ticket!

I highly recommend this upgrade to any Versys owner.  We have a great bike that just needed to be released from a really bad set of maps!
17 ZLE1000
Commuter and day tripper

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
Re: Like getting a new bike
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 08:07:42 PM
Sounds about right!   Enjoy that bike and the new tune, and I agree you should get some Black Widow headers! 

:celebrate:

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys God
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 08:46:20 PM
Welcome to the forum

Offline Bob van der Hoeven

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Amsterdam
Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:46:44 AM
 :762: Had mine done 2 years ago. Made all the difference.

waggish