Author Topic: Couple things and a Bar Buzz  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Dennyd

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2020 Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Tulsa
Re: Couple things and a Bar Buzz
Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 04:02:58 PM
*Originally Posted by Deramore [+]
I bought an ex demo Versys 1000 SE GT in August with 75 miles. Felt very smooth except at around 4000 rpm when I felt quite a prominent buzz through the bars. I saw a review which mentioned this but the tester reckoned it was just tightness in a new motor.

So I stuck to Kawasakiís rpm recommendations during break-in (up to 600 miles). Sure enough, the buzz gradually disappeared. Now at 1500 miles itís totally smooth through the rev range.

So stick with it, follow the break-in recommendations and all will be well.

I've never heard of this, but its true.  Last several rides, the bars are fine and no buzz/hand tingle.  I also added a scrotum tingle feature delete.  Alaska Sheep Skin seat pad does the trick. 

Life is good!

Offline Deramore

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2020 1000 SE
Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 09:20:30 PM
*Originally Posted by Dennyd [+]
I've never heard of this, but its true.  Last several rides, the bars are fine and no buzz/hand tingle.  I also added a scrotum tingle feature delete.  Alaska Sheep Skin seat pad does the trick. 

Life is good!

Maybe this tingling in the groin area has nothing to do with the bike! Does it stop when you get off? If not, Iíll have what youíre having 😀

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha MT 09 GT
  • City / Town: Wigton
Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 06:39:21 AM
*Originally Posted by Deramore [+]
Maybe this tingling in the groin area has nothing to do with the bike! Does it stop when you get off? If not, Iíll have what youíre having 😀

This could be particularly awkward if it occurs whilst in the check out queue at your local supermarket   :745:   
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Rog

waggish