Author Topic: 2015 Test Ride - Don't Own V1K Yet, 1st Post - Thoughts, Win Me Over  (Read 2759 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline oldkawboy

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 57
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Maryville, TN
  • Country: us
Re: 2015 Test Ride - Don't Own V1K Yet, 1st Post - Thoughts, Win Me Ov
Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 01:24:32 PM
I bought a new '15 and just recently traded it in on a new, leftover '19.
At 5' 10" I found the Puig screen the best for me after removing 1.5" from the top, it was perfect. I'm just now experimenting with screens on the new one, don't know if I'll ever be as pleased as I was with my '15 as far as buffeting, noise and protection.
I put over 30,000 entertaining & enjoyable on the '15 and really loved the bike but I was wanting cruise control due to these old arthritic wrist' and I was ready for that new bike smell! ;-)
The '15-'18's are the best bang for the buck no doubt. I do like the features of the newer bike but whether it's worth the cost is up to the individual, I'm fortunate to get Kawasaki's at a good price though.
Momma says both of the V1000's are the most comfortable bikes I've had for trips and that means a lot.
Happy wife, happy life.
Dan

Offline Versys-V1K

  • Versys Member
  • **
  • Posts: 19
  • Bike: GEN1 FZ1
  • City / Town: Northland
  • Country: us
Re: 2015 Test Ride - Don't Own V1K Yet, 1st Post - Thoughts, Win Me Ov
Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 02:36:26 PM
*Originally Posted by oldkawboy [+]
At 5' 10" I found the Puig screen the best for me after removing 1.5" from the top, it was perfect. I'm just now experimenting with screens on the new one, don't know if I'll ever be as pleased as I was with my '15 as far as buffeting, noise and protection.
I put over 30,000 entertaining & enjoyable on the '15 and really loved the bike.

The '15-'18's are the best bang for the buck no doubt.
Dan

Thanks for your feedback. I am liking my '15, but I am still on a quest for better comfort in the areas of wind buffeting and wind noise. I recently purchased a used Vstream of the height that was recommended for me, but it has not played out well. Oddly enough, I found its performance best when in the lowest position. This was after many miles with it in its highest position. Sigh. In my quest for better comfort, I am currently on the fence with purchasing either a complete Madstad setup, a MRA X-Creen to try on the Vstream, or a complete MRA setup (shield and X-Creen). Just missed an opportunity from Madstad for a 10% discount, that would've made its system price a little more palatable.

Offline sweatmachine

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 505
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
  • Country: us
Re: 2015 Test Ride - Don't Own V1K Yet, 1st Post - Thoughts, Win Me Ov
Reply #22 on: December 02, 2020, 02:45:10 PM
*Originally Posted by Versys-V1K [+]
Thanks for your feedback. I am liking my '15, but I am still on a quest for better comfort in the areas of wind buffeting and wind noise. I recently purchased a used Vstream of the height that was recommended for me, but it has not played out well. Oddly enough, I found its performance best when in the lowest position. This was after many miles with it in its highest position. Sigh. In my quest for better comfort, I am currently on the fence with purchasing either a complete Madstad setup, a MRA X-Creen to try on the Vstream, or a complete MRA setup (shield and X-Creen). Just missed an opportunity from Madstad for a 10% discount, that would've made its system price a little more palatable.

Which VStream did you get?  I've tried the OEM small screen, the OEM tall screen, and now have the VStream Sport Touring model.  So far, the VStream is my favorite by far.  I keep it in the lowest position and buffeting and noise is reduced compared to the OEM.  I don't care for tall screens (can't stand to look through them), so I'm happy this works in a low position. 

PS If you want to try the OEM Tall screen I have one for sale in the classifieds. ;)

Offline Versys-V1K

  • Versys Member
  • **
  • Posts: 19
  • Bike: GEN1 FZ1
  • City / Town: Northland
  • Country: us
Re: 2015 Test Ride - Don't Own V1K Yet, 1st Post - Thoughts, Win Me Ov
Reply #23 on: December 02, 2020, 04:08:36 PM
*Originally Posted by sweatmachine [+]
Which VStream did you get?  I've tried the OEM small screen, the OEM tall screen, and now have the VStream Sport Touring model.  So far, the VStream is my favorite by far.  I keep it in the lowest position and buffeting and noise is reduced compared to the OEM.  I don't care for tall screens (can't stand to look through them), so I'm happy this works in a low position. 

PS If you want to try the OEM Tall screen I have one for sale in the classifieds. ;)

I have the mid-height version. Thanks for the offer on the tall version of the OEM screen, but I will pass on it.