Author Topic: Removed Bar Risers, Not Liking Sweep of OEM Bars Though  (Read 466 times)

Offline Versys-V1K

• Versys Member
  • Bike: GEN1 FZ1
  • City / Town: Northland
Removed Bar Risers, Not Liking Sweep of OEM Bars Though
on: December 01, 2020, 07:12:29 PM
I took off the bar risers that were already on when I bought the bike. They made my arms and elbows feel too high. After taking them off, I was more comfortable. However, the sweep of the OEM bars is not enough to my liking, and is causing discomfort after riding for a few hours. I have other bikes, that have slightly (guessing 1/2 inch) more sweep in their bars, and have no problems with comfort on those. Has anyone else here replaced their OEM bars with another brand to get additional sweep beyond what the OEM bars provide? If so, what brand and model, and did you run into any difficulties such as throttle and electrical cables, and brake hose length issues?

I did read where a non-active forum member here mounted ProTaper EVO Adventure High bars, but did not see anything about their sweep.

Thanks.

Offline weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

Offline Versys-V1K

• Versys Member
Re: Removed Bar Risers, Not Liking Sweep of OEM Bars Though
Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 01:43:10 AM

Thanks. I have looked at these. Pretty pricey. Nearly double the price of the Pro Taper EVO Adventure High bars, but no surprises with the installation of the Holeshot bars.

Offline dketchum

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 16 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: San Antonio
Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 12:51:37 PM
I have a set of Holeshot bars.I did go with a slightly different model of his bars, less rise, more sweep. I have long arms and short torso, so risers felt like ape hangers to me. ..I had similar issues as you and they solved my problems.  Recently did nearly 5k trip and was very comfortable.
Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 12:58:42 PM by dketchum

Offline Versys-V1K

• Versys Member
Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 03:26:57 PM
*Originally Posted by dketchum [+]
I have a set of Holeshot bars.I did go with a slightly different model of his bars, less rise, more sweep. I have long arms and short torso, so risers felt like ape hangers to me. ..I had similar issues as you and they solved my problems.  Recently did nearly 5k trip and was very comfortable.

Thanks for the information. Glad that you found the needed comfort after switching your handlebars. Regarding the Holeshot handlebars, that you bought, did you buy the sport touring, or comfort touring version?

Offline dketchum

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 16 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: San Antonio
Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 10:08:05 PM
I went with the sport touring