Author Topic: Flashing ties it all together  (Read 396 times)

Offline Steve in sunny Fla

• Approved Vendor
  • Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Flashing ties it all together
on: December 10, 2020, 02:12:22 PM
    I have had several folks contact me by email advising that they were adding a header and even the long velocity stacks, and wanted my blessing that they didn't need to flash their ECU's. 

I think they're kind of missing the point... all of the work I did to show how to best tune a versys1000 is tied together BY the flash. .

Please keep in mind that changing the intake and exhaust flow characteristics also changes the air / fuel needs of the engine.

Again, flashing in new tuning parameters is optimizing the new intake / exhaust changes.

I think it should also be mentioned that the stock tune is far from optimum, and even with the stock exhaust, a good tune will yield a smoother, more robust and more predictable engine response. This is even more noticeable when there are hard part changes to the exhaust or intake tracts.

FYI.
   Steve
Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 02:14:43 PM by Steve in sunny Fla

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
Re: Flashing ties it all together
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 07:53:06 PM
Every time I get on my Shoodaben-tuned bike (with Black Widow headers/Delkevic muffler and 4x tall velocity stacks) I am thrilled with how it runs.  It has a nice fat bottom end, mid range, and screams on top.  The throttle response is spot on.  I couldn't be happier with it.  Thanks, Steve!  You have figured out the winning formula.

Offline Bigpadg

• Versys Pro
  • Kawasaki-certified mechanic Motorcycle/ATV/UTV/SXS
  • Bike: 2015 V1K
  • City / Town: Cottageville
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 09:31:39 PM
*Originally Posted by sweatmachine [+]
Every time I get on my Shoodaben-tuned bike (with Black Widow headers/Delkevic muffler and 4x tall velocity stacks) I am thrilled with how it runs.  It has a nice fat bottom end, mid range, and screams on top.  The throttle response is spot on.  I couldn't be happier with it.  Thanks, Steve!  You have figured out the winning formula.

I second that! 🍻

Shoodaben tune, Black Widow exhaust, DanMoto can, Sprint air filter, Givi Touring screen, Givi dual-lit V56 trunk, Akeeyo DVR, APE bar risers, Hella horns, SRC Moto engine guard, headlight guard and radiator grille, Goldwing pegs on Motowerk lowers, Vista throttle-lock, Tymate TPMS, Race Tech Gold Valve forks, STS self-canceling signals & STS braking system, Vigo tracker, Renthal Fatbars, 520 chainwheels, Centramatic dynamic wheel balancers, fender extender, rear tire hugger.

Offline Maverick

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 V1K
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 09:54:42 AM
Hey Steve,

sold my Versys, your not doing the 2021 Z900 are ya?

Offline Steve in sunny Fla

• Approved Vendor
  • Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 02:37:19 PM
not yet.

waggish