Author Topic: First mod & accessory of 2021......  (Read 774 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline peejay69

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 98
  • There is no such thing as government funded.
  • Bike: 2019 V1k (Vicky)
  • City / Town: Rushden
  • Country: gb
First mod & accessory of 2021......
on: February 22, 2021, 09:19:13 AM
https://www.motea.com/en/motorcycle-rear-mudguard-universal-hugger-zaddox-lw4-black-a030970-0

61 to 62 business days for delivery from Germany. I think theyíve duct taped it to a tortoise and pointed it in the general direction of the UK.

Anyway, if and when it arrives, Iíll let you know how it fits, looks and functions. I may glue in some layers of scotch brite abrasive scouring pad to dissipate the energy from any water flying round the tyre.
I donít plan on riding in bad weather, but I wonít be able to avoid it if I head for the Stelvio Pass in 2022.

I also have a 60litre waterproof sausage bag for strapping across the pillion seat on order from Amazon.
Again, pics and opinion when it arrives.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OverBoard-100-Waterproof-Classic-Duffel/dp/B079X8P9GF
Holy war is fully grown adults killing each other to prove they have a better imaginary friend.

Offline TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 10580
  • Bike: 😛
  • City / Town: Cumbria * U.K
  • Country: gb
Re: First mod & accessory of 2021......
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 10:59:20 AM
61 to 62 days is an outrageous  delivery schedule (if you could call it that)  :5:   
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Rog

Offline markymark11

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 590
  • Bike: 2017 Black, Red trim
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
  • Country: gb
Re: First mod & accessory of 2021......
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 02:18:13 PM
I've noticed that Givi accessories are also taking longer if coming from Italy. I guess we will start to see the effects of Brexit more and more on imported stuff.
you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Offline Kaw

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 251
  • Bike: 1000 versys
  • City / Town: WOLVERHAMPTON
  • Country: gb
Re: First mod & accessory of 2021......
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 09:26:29 PM
I know its each to there own but ugly is ugly lol

Offline Scarecrow

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 319
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Prudhoe NE England
  • Country: england
Re: First mod & accessory of 2021......
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 05:14:18 AM
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
61 to 62 days is an outrageous  delivery schedule (if you could call it that)  :5:

That's Brexit for you.
 Wait l we start traveling abroad again Border controls will be a pain I bet, :180: :180:

Offline Vespista1960

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 858
  • Bike: Versys 1000 SE 2019
  • City / Town: Milano
  • Country: it
Re: First mod & accessory of 2021......
Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 01:47:41 PM
*Originally Posted by peejay69 [+]
...I donít plan on riding in bad weather, but I wonít be able to avoid it if I head for the Stelvio Pass in 2022.
I wouldn't worry about the rain on the Stelvio. In summer on the Alps it is easy to find a downpour, but they don't last long. Usually as soon as you have finished wearing the rain gear the clouds move away and the sun shines.
However, I hope that the tortoise will reach you by '22...

Offline francis83

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2248
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
  • Country: fr
Re: First mod & accessory of 2021......
Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 04:05:57 PM
You are not lucky with your order I paid around 20 Ä a supposed chinese model delivered in 7 days and it  fit easily on the right side.

Initial mounting too far from the wheel







And the final mounting with my hitch

The main point is invisible for the eyes

Offline 2tallrider

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 111
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000 SE
  • City / Town: Grande Prairie
  • Country: ca
Re: First mod & accessory of 2021......
Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 02:13:30 AM
*Originally Posted by peejay69 [+]
https://www.motea.com/en/motorcycle-rear-mudguard-universal-hugger-zaddox-lw4-black-a030970-0

61 to 62 business days for delivery from Germany. I think theyíve duct taped it to a tortoise and pointed it in the general direction of the UK.

Anyway, if and when it arrives, Iíll let you know how it fits, looks and functions. I may glue in some layers of scotch brite abrasive scouring pad to dissipate the energy from any water flying round the tyre.
I donít plan on riding in bad weather, but I wonít be able to avoid it if I head for the Stelvio Pass in 2022.

I also have a 60litre waterproof sausage bag for strapping across the pillion seat on order from Amazon.
Again, pics and opinion when it arrives.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OverBoard-100-Waterproof-Classic-Duffel/dp/B079X8P9GF
I have a bag somewhat similar in that it has a folded seal. It's a great bag and is 100% waterproof. Mine is bright yellow. Contrary to another poster, I choose form over fashion. If I'm going on a long trip with rain in the forecast I pack how I have to pack....pretty or not. I hope you enjoy your bike and new luggage........ride safe.

Offline uralrob

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 333
  • Bike: 2015 V1k, 2014 V650
  • City / Town: Bridgewater N.S.
  • Country: ca
Re: First mod & accessory of 2021......
Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 02:25:59 AM


 " I choose form over fashion. "

   :028: :028:

 Rob.

 



waggish