Author Topic: Put mobile on Tomtom support  (Read 205 times)

Offline sergio71

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000 SE
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Put mobile on Tomtom support
on: February 24, 2021, 05:46:33 PM
Although I normally use GPS for routes, sometimes it is the case that it is more comfortable to use the mobile for a short trip or for a city, as it is more practical to use Maps being able to give orders by voice.
The fact is that I was thinking about how to mount it without having to put another support on the bike since I carry Tomtom's, I bought one from Amazon and I was thinking of having to put it on and take it off the handlebar when I needed it.
This is the support in question.

The idea was to be able to take advantage of the same support that is used for the Tomtom to place the support for the mobile.

It occurred to me that a plastic part could be made with the 3D printing technology that is so fashionable now, as it has been, thanks to a friend who gave me a page of ready-made 3D designs and another who printed the pieces I have been able to get them.

The idea was to attach the mobile support to the 3D piece, here there were several options, it could be glued, screwed, etc.
In the absence of running it, although I am convinced that there will be no problem since I have used this system on other occasions, I opted to stick two-sided Velcro, but not the typical fabric used in clothing, but a plastic one that It holds very tightly, it is glued in the two pieces, remaining well attached.
This is the velcro.

Well, this has been the result.

Well, here I leave you the idea in case it may interest anyone, I hope you like it.

Sorry for the Google translation since I don't speak English

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 😛
  • City / Town: Cumbria * U.K
Re: Put mobile on Tomtom support
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 06:16:53 PM
 :762:   :763:   
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Rog