Author Topic: Preload vs Compression vs Rebound  (Read 949 times)

Offline ThatsMe

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Portugal
Re: Preload vs Compression vs Rebound
Reply #10 on: March 27, 2021, 11:27:42 PM
*Originally Posted by 2tallrider [+]
Here is what I use for rough paved roads. It's nothing drastic but seems to work well.

I'm still trying out the settings to catch the sweet spot for normal riding.

I found out that the rebound on Road setting seems excessive, so I took it down a notch.
The front stock setting was also too soft, so just today I tried turning up the compression but haven't yet properly tested this setting.

For context, I weigh ~110kg (242lb).

For this week I'll be running the settings like this:

Any suggestion?

Offline 2tallrider

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000 SE
  • City / Town: Grande Prairie
Reply #11 on: March 27, 2021, 11:32:36 PM
*Originally Posted by ThatsMe [+]
I'm still trying out the settings to catch the sweet spot for normal riding.

I found out that the rebound on Road setting seems excessive, so I took it down a notch.
The front stock setting was also too soft, so just today I tried turning up the compression but haven't yet properly tested this setting.

For context, I weigh ~110kg (242lb).

For this week I'll be running the settings like this:

Any suggestion?
It's pretty much trial and error. I did bump up my payload mode from single rider to rider + luggage tho. Maybe try that if it's a bit soft. It may take a while to get it to you liking.

Offline ThatsMe

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Portugal
Reply #12 on: March 27, 2021, 11:40:22 PM
*Originally Posted by 2tallrider [+]
It's pretty much trial and error. I did bump up my payload mode from single rider to rider + luggage tho. Maybe try that if it's a bit soft. It may take a while to get it to you liking.

Yes, you're right.

Problem is that with the whole COVID problem, I can't ride the motorcycle nearly as much as I'd like.
So it actually takes nearly a week to validate if I actually like the current setting :008:

Regarding the rider + luggage suggestion, already tried it and was too much I believe. As far as the preload on the back suspension, I believe that the +2 works good for me.

This whole trial and error is great fun, actually.