Author Topic: Help with Lust Racing kit Please  (Read 526 times)

Offline Trumpy

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2017 V1 Tourer
  • City / Town: Derbyshire
Help with Lust Racing kit Please
on: May 05, 2021, 01:47:35 PM
Hi I bought a 2017 Versys 1000 a while ago and it came with the Lust racing loweri dogs, however I don't know if they are the 25 or 40 model and no fitting instructions. I looked at LR website but they refuse to supply fitting kits digitally.

I had a new rear fitted and the shop fitted the LR's for me but as I don't know how much to drop my front. Where is the 25 / 40 mm drop measured, is it at the riding position the back of the bike etc as it will change where you measure it.

I don't have the LR Shims can someone give me an idea of the size of them please

Dave

Offline Damadger

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2012 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: Help with Lust Racing kit Please
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 09:52:47 PM
Did you get the information you needed? I have a LR lowering kit that I removed so may be able to assist with information. Cheers, David

Online Floydsz1

• Versys God
  • Bike: 1000 SE GT 2019
  • City / Town: Sunny Morecambe
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 08:35:35 AM
To drop the front its the distance the forks stick up through the top of the forks. Some don't bother , some do it more than others, if you are doing it yourself just undo one fork at a time.

Online TallyRex

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 11:25:40 AM
I installed lowering links and never touched the front end.  The bike handles just fine.

Online Floydsz1

• Versys God
  • Bike: 1000 SE GT 2019
  • City / Town: Sunny Morecambe
Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 03:50:58 PM
*Originally Posted by Floydsz1 [+]
To drop the front its the distance the forks stick up through the top of the forks. Some don't bother , some do it more than others, if you are doing it yourself just undo one fork at a time.

Oops fat fingers again.
I ment to say it's how much the forks stick up through the top yoke and just undo one yoke at a time,

waggish