Author Topic: Front suspension reports  (Read 3998 times)

Offline zaentzpantz

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Epsom
Front suspension reports
on: July 20, 2012, 11:30:05 AM
The test reviews for the Versys 100 mention  a lack of feeling at high speed from the front forks. Anyone else seen this?
On my limited test ride I found them fine, however now I've bought one and am getting used to it, I'm finding a strange vibration going over bumps from the front. Going over a single crosswise ridge in the road at any speed gives what feels like a triple bump, as if there's no damping. The fork damping setting has been increased and checked by pumping up and down on the bars, and there's definitely good damping there but the symptoms still persist.
It's as though low frequency/high movement damping is fine but high frequency/small movement is very underdamped. Perhaps the clever double valve in the forks isn't working as it should.
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed anything odd from the front suspension.

Offline vtwindr

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: W650 & V1000
  • City / Town: Bolton
Re: Front suspension reports
Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 01:40:35 PM
nope, 2500miles and no issues. How much do you weigh?

Offline waynez1000sx

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: z 1000sx
  • City / Town: brierley hill
Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 11:08:36 PM
it all depends what type of bike u had last if it was an r1 or a fireblade it aint gonna feel the same . i am 13 and a half stone got the back shock 4 click off maxed out and 6.03 mm of preload showing of the forks . i only went on the wrong side of the road once yesturday so its fine . . . . if we ever get all out of shape in a bend on todays bikes its mostly down to us not the bike . . .

Offline zaentzpantz

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Epsom
Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 01:07:16 PM
About 14 st but if I breathe in, slightly less.

Offline vtwindr

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: W650 & V1000
  • City / Town: Bolton
Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 09:37:17 PM
you'll weigh more if you breathe in unless you've been at the helium balloons  :sick: