Author Topic: Andreani carts  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Bigpadg

• Versys Pro
  • Kawasaki-certified mechanic Motorcycle/ATV/UTV/SXS
  • Bike: 2015 V1K
  • City / Town: Cottageville
Andreani carts
on: March 08, 2021, 07:15:42 PM
Has anyone here purchased the Andreani cartridges for our bike? I just ordered me a pair. Iíve enjoyed my Race Tech Gold Valves, but miss compression damping on-the-fly tuneability, so since these are adjustable in both compression and rebound, I look forward to that. Iíll give my feedback once Iíve logged some time on them. Installing new fork bushings along with seals and wipers same time I install the carts. 
Shoodaben tune, Black Widow exhaust, DanMoto can, Sprint air filter, Givi Touring screen, Givi dual-lit V56 trunk, Akeeyo DVR, APE bar risers, Hella horns, SRC Moto engine guards, headlight guard & radiator grille, Goldwing pegs on Motowerk lowers, Vista throttle-lock, Tymate TPMS, Andreani fork cartridges, STS self-canceling signals & STS braking system, Vigo tracker, Renthal Fatbars, 520 chainwheels, Centramatic dynamic wheel balancers, fender extender, rear tire hugger.

Offline Keener

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Re: Andreani carts
Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 12:28:12 AM
 :762:    Following

Offline Steve in sunny Fla

• Approved Vendor
  • Versys Pro
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 04:00:04 PM
following, I gotta do something with the front end. Chris Sumner is a riding instructor who has a v1k, and did the andreani cartridges. He is really impressed with the change.
  Steve

Offline Bigpadg

• Versys Pro
Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 11:55:20 PM
Yeah, thanks Steve, I know Chris from FB. Iím glad he likes them as Iím hopeful I will, too. Hope to have them within a week.
Shoodaben tune, Black Widow exhaust, DanMoto can, Sprint air filter, Givi Touring screen, Givi dual-lit V56 trunk, Akeeyo DVR, APE bar risers, Hella horns, SRC Moto engine guards, headlight guard & radiator grille, Goldwing pegs on Motowerk lowers, Vista throttle-lock, Tymate TPMS, Andreani fork cartridges, STS self-canceling signals & STS braking system, Vigo tracker, Renthal Fatbars, 520 chainwheels, Centramatic dynamic wheel balancers, fender extender, rear tire hugger.

Offline rvfbill

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Washington UK
Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 10:59:46 PM
Hi ALL,
I'm getting my ebay Nitron R1 resprung for my weight now and then going to fit the Andreani cartridges. Looking forward towards riding the bumpy rubbish roads we have in the north of England.
Hopefully in the next few weeks and going the diy fitment route as well!!
Will  also feedback on here.

Offline Bigpadg

• Versys Pro
Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 02:17:23 AM
Sounds like weíre doing the same thing just in reverse. I received my carts, but am waiting on my new steering neck bearings to arrive before installing them along with the new fork bushings and seals Iíve already got a hold of. Iím thinking Nitron R2, maybe R3. Any of the Nitrons will be an improvement over stock, no doubt. 👍

Offline Bigpadg

• Versys Pro
Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 01:10:04 AM
Ok, so I got everything done a week ago, took me like 5 hours including the steering stem bearings, but Iím so glad I got the Andreani cartidges. The Gold Valves I had previously put in were an improvement over stock for sure, but I missed having any compression-damping adjustability beyond taking the right fork off and revalving - who wants to do that? The new carts shaved almost a pound of weight and their fork caps look the bomb with compression in one cap and rebound in the other. I went with 7.5 wt. recommended oil. Set my sag, put the clickers in the middle and went riding. Iíve made preload and clicker adjustments since, happier each time. I remember thinking how harsh the front fork of the V1K was over square-edged bumps compared to the comfy rear, but now Iím convinced the rear is the harsher. Itching to order my Nitron shock now. Got another track day coming up soon. Anyone considering these, youíll be happy.

Offline Keener

• Versys God
Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 01:47:48 AM
 :028:  thanks for this...............

Offline Ditchburn12

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015KLZ H2 S2 MV KLV
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Reply #8 on: May 07, 2021, 09:42:57 AM
*Originally Posted by Bigpadg [+]
Sounds like weíre doing the same thing just in reverse. I received my carts, but am waiting on my new steering neck bearings to arrive before installing them along with the new fork bushings and seals Iíve already got a hold of. Iím thinking Nitron R2, maybe R3. Any of the Nitrons will be an improvement over stock, no doubt. 👍
I fitted a Nitron R2 with the optional remote preload adjuster a couple of years ago. I'm really pleased with it.

Offline rvfbill

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Washington UK
Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 12:07:56 AM
Bigpadg,
Have you any fitting tips for the Andreani carts as I will be doing the job in a couple of weeks time?
Any help much appreciated.
Cheers, Bill

waggish