Author Topic: BLACK WIDOW headers Vs Delkevic or De-catting  (Read 141 times)

Offline Steve in sunny Fla

• Approved Vendor
  • Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
BLACK WIDOW headers Vs Delkevic or De-catting
on: March 28, 2021, 05:33:49 PM
    OK, now that we've gone through my opinion on De-catting your stock exhaust, I wanted to share my thoughts on the Black Widow Exhaust.

Let me start by saying I have NO AFFILIATION with this company. I have purchased 2 systems for different bikes from them, and paid the same as everyone else. I don't resell Black widow products.

I have done extensive dyno testing with stock exhaust; stock with a slip-on; full Delkevic system (basically the same as a decatted stock system) and the Black Widow System. I currently have the Black Widow header on my personal 2015 Versys 1000.

Just some highlights -
    The Shoodaben Engineering flash will net you about 3 hp, and alot of other cool stuff  :001:

The Delkevic / decat will net you about 3 peak hp, and is loud. Add The flash, total gain 6hp

The Black widow System, with the flash, will have a total gain of at least 12HP

Consider the cost of a slip on, a decat link pipe, a Delkevic system, or a Black Widow System. There's no doubt, bang for the buck goes to the Shoodaben Engineering flash and the Black Widow Exhaust.

Here's a link to my webpage, dyno charts clearly laid out to demonstrate the info above.

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/heat-shields

Steve
[

Online Kaw

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 1000 versys
  • City / Town: WOLVERHAMPTON
Re: BLACK WIDOW headers Vs Delkevic or De-catting
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 09:36:51 PM
So by drill the baffle out you gain 5 bhp as in your graph and make 122 bhp ?

Offline Steve in sunny Fla

• Approved Vendor
  • Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Re: BLACK WIDOW headers Vs Delkevic or De-catting
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 09:52:12 PM
*Originally Posted by Kaw [+]
So by drill the baffle out you gain 5 bhp as in your graph and make 122 bhp ?

I did not "gain" any HP. The bike had logged 123.xx HP with the baffle out. The baffle in will knock that down about 7 hp, to 116 HP. VERY restrictive.

The reason I drilled and reinstalled the baffle was to impart a bit of resistance for sharper light throttle response, and also to try to lessen the noise. it worked on both counts.

Steve