Author Topic: Removing the Ugly Black Box EVAP  (Read 2899 times)

Offline markymark11

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2017 Black, Red trim
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
Re: Removing the Ugly Black Box EVAP
Reply #10 on: April 06, 2021, 05:18:17 PM
I have seen it on all my MK2's and always wondered what it was ? I just assumed it was essential. Maybe a detailed removal process with pictures would be nice, to see which pipes are removed or blocked.

My main question is - what benefit its there in removing it ? performance ? weight ? mpg ?   :002:
you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Offline kris

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
Reply #11 on: April 06, 2021, 05:40:59 PM
*Originally Posted by markymark11 [+]
I have seen it on all my MK2's and always wondered what it was ? I just assumed it was essential. Maybe a detailed removal process with pictures would be nice, to see which pipes are removed or blocked.

My main question is - what benefit its there in removing it ? performance ? weight ? mpg ?   :002:

the main benefit of removing it - is removing it.  why do you need all that crap?  it is actually dangerous, because when it gets blocked, you will have the tank vacuum lock. and it is ugly, heavy and carries many lines/hoses as if that bike was not complicated enough.  if you have any sense, throw it where it belongs, to the trash. removing the Pair Valve has an additional benefit of cleaning the top of the engine head, and getting rid of more trash/hoses/ lines

there is no much science in removing the EVAP box.  I got a resistor from Smart Moto, so i took out the solenoid.  but you can keep the solenoid, if you do not have the resistor, so there is no error code on the dashboard.  after taking the ugly box off, you just need to cap the throttle body (one single rubber cap), and fit a hose to the vent nipple on the left side of the tank.
Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:27:54 PM by kris

Offline Werner66

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: Lier
Reply #12 on: April 06, 2021, 06:48:01 PM
can I see it without disassembling anything

Offline Keener

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Reply #13 on: April 06, 2021, 07:53:24 PM
 :notsure:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 😛
  • City / Town: Cumbria * U.K
Reply #14 on: April 06, 2021, 08:27:57 PM
*Originally Posted by markymark11 [+]

Its a part of the pollution control  system  :169:   
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Rog

Offline kris

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
Reply #15 on: April 06, 2021, 11:42:05 PM
it is difficult to see, as it is in front of the tank, under the dashboard.  yes, it is Evaporation Emission Control Box.  it is supposed to take in the gas vapour from the tank.  you can reach it by hand, or see it looking from the bottom of the bike. 

https://goparts.eu/en/genuine-oem/kawasaki/motorcycle/versys-1000-klz1000bff-fr-gb-xx-eu-me-a-frica-/2015/fuel-evaporative-system
Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 12:24:24 AM by kris

Offline Mr Mike

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2018 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Vero Beach ,Florida
Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 10:45:44 PM
Keeps my house from smelling like gas. Have one on my KTM also. Keeping.