Author Topic: Shoodaben Engineering  (Read 2138 times)

Steve in sunny Fla and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline sweatmachine

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 557
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
  • Country: us
Re: Shoodaben Engineering
Reply #20 on: May 03, 2021, 03:21:04 AM
*Originally Posted by kris [+]
one thing I am wondering is why the rev limiter with the new flash is raised to 1000 rpm.  i cann't even reach 9000rpm with the stock header.

That sounds strange.  You should be able to bang off the rev limiter, even all stock.  The stock redline is actually about 9500, IIRC, even though the tach shows redline to be 10,000. 

I like having the extra ceiling.  With the Black Widow header it really builds power up top, and with the 4 tall stacks it is responsive down low to mid range as well.  The complete package is wonderfully useable.

Offline kris

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 520
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • Country: th
Re: Shoodaben Engineering
Reply #21 on: May 03, 2021, 04:33:02 AM
*Originally Posted by sweatmachine [+]
That sounds strange.  You should be able to bang off the rev limiter, even all stock.  The stock redline is actually about 9500, IIRC, even though the tach shows redline to be 10,000. 

I like having the extra ceiling.  With the Black Widow header it really builds power up top, and with the 4 tall stacks it is responsive down low to mid range as well.  The complete package is wonderfully useable.
[/quot

OK, if I have wind at my back, I can get to 230km/h. Which I suppose is close to 9.500rpm, and in this case the new flash hasn't change anything.

I ordered the black widow headers as they are actually very cheap for what it is worth. L

Offline sweatmachine

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 557
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
  • Country: us
Re: Shoodaben Engineering
Reply #22 on: May 03, 2021, 04:50:55 AM
I donít mean top speed. The point of raising the rev limiter is more useable range in each gear. Not at the top end. Who cares about top speed on a Versys?

Offline kris

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 520
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • Country: th
Re: Shoodaben Engineering
Reply #23 on: May 03, 2021, 04:57:41 AM
*Originally Posted by sweatmachine [+]
I donít mean top speed. The point of raising the rev limiter is more useable range in each gear. Not at the top end. Who cares about top speed on a Versys?

sorry, i misunderstood you.  Yea, I do not care about the top speed either.  In fact, above 220km/h, the bike feels unstable, wobbling.  But then again, the highways here are far from perfect and it gets windy, as I am close to the sea.

Offline kris

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 520
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • Country: th
Re: Shoodaben Engineering
Reply #24 on: May 03, 2021, 11:06:05 AM
but I have to say, that while all the slip-ons are similar, just hollow tubes. the hyperlow even without db-killers, gives more lower end torque, much more.  i mean that one:

Offline kris

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 520
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • Country: th
Re: Shoodaben Engineering
Reply #25 on: May 04, 2021, 07:44:39 AM
the good news is that I can order the tall ducts directly, not on backorder.  they should arrive in a couple of days and I am excited to see the difference! 

after all, most of the Kawa bikes are made in Thailand (well, my 1000 was made and assembled in Japan).   I will use this opportunity to check my throttle bodies synchronicity.  I just got this amazing digital tool on amazon.  I already tried it on my versys 650. it makes all that process so easier! 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086PC4Y2S?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Offline sweatmachine

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 557
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
  • Country: us
Re: Shoodaben Engineering
Reply #26 on: May 04, 2021, 02:54:07 PM
That's good.  I waited weeks before buying the whole airbox off eBay.  It's a bit of a chore to remove the airbox to pop them in but not awful.  I would assume you've done this already to plug off all of the air injection hoses prior to the ECU flash.  I'm certain it'll be worth the effort.

Offline kris

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 520
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • Country: th
Re: Shoodaben Engineering
Reply #27 on: May 04, 2021, 03:10:02 PM
*Originally Posted by sweatmachine [+]
That's good.  I waited weeks before buying the whole airbox off eBay.  It's a bit of a chore to remove the airbox to pop them in but not awful.  I would assume you've done this already to plug off all of the air injection hoses prior to the ECU flash.  I'm certain it'll be worth the effort.

do you mean the Pair Valve?  I blocked the pair valve, fitted block-off plates and removed all that trash a while ago. and I removed the EVAP box too. 

Offline sweatmachine

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 557
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
  • Country: us
Re: Shoodaben Engineering
Reply #28 on: May 04, 2021, 03:20:34 PM
*Originally Posted by kris [+]
do you mean the Pair Valve?  I blocked the pair valve, fitted block-off plates and removed all that trash a while ago. and I removed the EVAP box too.

Yes, but there's also a nipple on the underside of the airbox that needs capping/sealing.  You probably already did that.

Offline kris

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 520
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • Country: th
Re: Shoodaben Engineering
Reply #29 on: May 04, 2021, 08:38:26 PM
yes, thanks, I did it too, and fitted the resistor to replace the solenoid.

 



waggish