Author Topic: Bluetooth earpiece  (Read 353 times)

Online yojak

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: FORT COLLINS
Bluetooth earpiece
on: July 14, 2021, 09:41:04 PM
Howdy all,

So I have a Valentine One which has Bluetooth as well as my phone which I'd like to connect to as well. Is anyone aware of a good Bluetooth headset/microphone set up that will connect to both devices simultaneously?

Thanks much,
Jack

Offline Rockdoc

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2019 V1000 SE GT
  • City / Town: Derby
Re: Bluetooth earpiece
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 07:18:41 AM
Cardo and Sena are the two big names in helmet intercoms. My wife and I use Cardo's Packtalk Bold but if you ride alone most of the time that's excessive. There is a cheaper series of Cardo that I've heard good things about but never used. You can buy single units.

https://www.cardosystems.com/products/

https://www.sena.com/

Keith
2019 Emerald Blazed Green Metallic/Flat Spark Black SE GT.
Where do they get the names for these colours?

Offline TowerMan

• Versys God
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V
  • City / Town: Biggar.
Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 07:25:17 PM
On my HJC i30 I have the "integrated" SMART HJC 10B is a Bluetooth 3.0 Stereo Headset with Bluetooth Intercom made by Sena.

With the Sena made SMART HJC 10B, you can link to and call hands-free on your Bluetooth mobile phone, also listen to a separate paired BT device to, either a stereo music source or the voice instructions of a GPS, and on top of all that, have a two way intercom conversations in full duplex with a passenger.
Depending on which order you prioritise / connect the 2 BT devices you can have a phone conversation and / or be listening to music (IE Spotify) on your phone, which is then interrupted by the GPS to give you directions when needed  :028:

On my full HJC RPHA 90 helmet (and previous flip helmet), I have fitted a low profile Sena 10R - which has the same features of the 10B above.

I find them both easy to operate and are right pricewise for me, as I don't normally want to talk to other riders (IE via Mesh) :7:

My 2d's
Richard    :001:

On the www.versys.co.uk forum

@ Rhayader - Mid Wales

Online yojak

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: FORT COLLINS
Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 11:47:24 PM
Thanks for both responses, I appreciate it.

Given the 10B appears to be made for the HJC, do you know whether it will work with a Nolan? I don't see why not, but, given that I'm a newbie when it comes to headsets, I should just ask the question and shut up.  :015:

Offline TowerMan

• Versys God
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V
  • City / Town: Biggar.
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 08:43:43 AM
*Originally Posted by yojak [+]
Thanks for both responses, I appreciate it.

Given the 10B appears to be made for the HJC, do you know whether it will work with a Nolan? I don't see why not, but, given that I'm a newbie when it comes to headsets, I should just ask the question and shut up.  :015:
The 10B only fits certain HJC helmets that have a specially shaped pocket that is at the back of the helmet, that the battery fits in.
I doubt that the Nolan helmet has this

The Sena 10R may be a better fit as it is a slimline universal helmet fitting unit

However Nolan do do some specific (made by Sena) helmet units - See HERE  :028: :028:
Richard    :001:

On the www.versys.co.uk forum

@ Rhayader - Mid Wales

Offline Rockdoc

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2019 V1000 SE GT
  • City / Town: Derby
Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 04:33:12 PM
Ruth and I use HJC IS-17s and fitting the Packtalk was very easy and straightforward. I don't know for sure but I doubt that their cheaper intercoms would be significantly more difficult to fit. I wouldn't dismiss Cardo out of hand.

Keith
2019 Emerald Blazed Green Metallic/Flat Spark Black SE GT.
Where do they get the names for these colours?

Online Deso_70

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: Grimsby
Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 07:30:09 PM
Nolan do their own comms kits

https://www.n-com.it/en/home
What if the whole world farted at once?

waggish