Author Topic: Thinking of trading my ‘16 V1K for a hayabusa  (Read 1577 times)

Offline mach1ryan

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: '16 versys 1000
  • City / Town: Huntsville AL
Re: Thinking of trading my ‘16 V1K for a hayabusa
Reply #10 on: October 16, 2021, 05:39:17 PM
*Originally Posted by TallyRex [+]
Yes, you are having a crazy thought.  As Tyke says neither bike is made for what you want to do. Why wrestle with 550lb bikes in stop and go traffic? My Z900RS is very comfy, 480lbs, gorgeous and has more than enough power for your intended purpose.

Im fairly certain that a lot of hayabusa and zx14 owners use their bikes as commuters and are happy doing so. They’re all meant to ride and enjoy. None of my bikes have ever been a wrestling match to ride, including my HD road glide... well I guess my 85 Honda 350x is a wrestling match, but I shouldn’t ride it to work anyways.

I LOVE the z900rs. Well, I love all the motorcycles. The supersports are just at the top of my list at the moment, maybe I’ll get over it.

Offline mach1ryan

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: '16 versys 1000
  • City / Town: Huntsville AL
Reply #11 on: October 16, 2021, 05:44:01 PM
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
I owned  a ZZR 1400 for around 8 months back in 2008/9 it may be a different  bike to a Busa, but does share many attributes, it is a bike that is  faster than you think, or believe.

IMHO  a Busa is not the right choice of bike for your requirements, However  until you try you'll never know  :007:

Exactly! Honestly I couldn’t care less about the power numbers. Most of my bikes have had more power than I have the talent to utilize. They’re just cool, and I have an itch to own ALOT of bikes. I can only do one at a time though.

Offline Keener

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 04:08:43 AM
Ok then  :028:   get that Busa or the like ....it is after all up to you and you alone ... :38:

Offline tmasalin

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2020 Versys 1000 SE
  • City / Town: San Diego
Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 12:12:15 AM
Came off 2 back to back ZX14s (2006 and 2013), put about 80k miles (zero issues on either bike ever) on them between the two, and they are great bikes.  Super smooth, infinitely powerful, can be made reasonably comfortable, but at 52 realized I was ready to slow down a tad.  One thing I will say, the 14s were not super enjoyable to ride around town at slow speeds.  Even with raised handlebars and lowered pegs, they just weren't that comfortable until you got to 70mph +.   Super happy with the Versys, but certainly wouldnt rule out another 14 in the garage someday either. 

Offline woodman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys1000
  • City / Town: Mountain Home
Reply #14 on: November 07, 2021, 10:43:52 AM
I use to own a Busa and it will work for what you want to do if the comfort suits you. The pegs are high and there is a long reach to the bars. The seat is the best of and sport bike I have ever owned, the reach to the ground is short so it is easy to handle in traffic. The suspension is wonderful so the ride is very smooth even on poor roads and it handles surprisingly well for it weight.
Some say it would make a good sport tourer, I say no, the comfort level is too low but for what you are doing it will work well. The motor has massive amounts of touque so downshifting isn't necessary above 40mph, also passing cars at highway speed will never be a problem.