Author Topic: Puig Touring screen - what a difference.  (Read 1043 times)

Offline jmason

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 V1000
  • City / Town: LITTLETON, CO
Re: Puig Touring screen - what a difference.
Reply #10 on: October 16, 2021, 09:50:18 AM
*Originally Posted by Ozyelk [+]
A visor will take you to the next level of minimal buffeting. Link below is for the Puig, but there are cheap Chinese knock-offs available for a fraction of the price…

I only add the visor when I’m riding distance.

https://puigusa.com/en/tuning-motos/visors-and-deflectors/multiregulable-visor-fixed-with-screws#responsivetab2

Interesting!  Which size did you the up getting??(looks like puig offers three different sizes)

Online Ozyelk

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2018 1000
  • City / Town: Detroit
Reply #11 on: October 16, 2021, 11:58:13 AM
*Originally Posted by jmason [+]
Interesting!  Which size did you the up getting??(looks like puig offers three different sizes)

I have the ‘middle-sized’ one: 100x285mm. Note: my Chinese knock-off version is slightly different in size dimensions to the Puig, but otherwise identical. Frankly, IMO, the size is not as critical as spending time to get the visor positioned correctly. The idea is to obtain an accelerated stream of smooth air that flows vertically up and over the riders helmet. There are videos on the Puig site that show how the visors are supposed to work, or just Google it.

I found, on my bike, this is achieved when the top edge of the visor is ~20mm higher than the screen and the visor is angled more top-forward than the screen (more vertical or straight up/down relative to the screen when viewed from the side of the bike).

Offline Deepsea

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 V1K
  • City / Town: Seacoast, NH
Reply #12 on: October 16, 2021, 01:05:46 PM
I have the cheap, small. fleaBay visor installed for the past 3500 miles.  It works good for me. Im 6'2" with average proportions.  No buffeting up past 80 mph. It does cause the Puig to flex a bit, especially in gusty winds. In the rain I have to lean around the screen to blow water off my helmet visor.

Sorry about the cruddy pictures.

waggish