Author Versys 1000 base model or 1000s ? help to choose  (Read 1630 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline delirium   pl

    • Versys Newbie  ‐    6
    • *
    • Topic Author

    Offline delirium

    • Versys Newbie
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 6
    • Country: pl
    Versys 1000 base model or 1000s ? help to choose
    on: April 09, 2022, 02:18:38 pm
    April 09, 2022, 02:18:38 pm
    Hi Guys,
    I am about to get Versys 1000 but cannot make up my mind whether to get base model or S model.   SE is out of the question.
    Apparently base model still have some features like center stand, cruise control and all LED lights.
    Missing would be cornering lights, bigger wind screen, quick shifter, hand guards and new TFT screen.  Personally I don't care much about quick shifter
    cause when I tested it I hated it. Also could live without cornering lights but TFT screen looks a nice improvement over the old one.
    The new bigger wind screen at my height didn't work as expected during test ride.
    What do you think, the old display and wind screen are not that bad?   I have to decide till Monday, down payment went through already.
    Price difference here is like 3k dollars between base model and S.

  • Offline chucksklrst   us

    • Versys Pro  ‐    226
    • ***
      #1

    Offline chucksklrst

    • Versys Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 226
    • Bike: 2019 Versys 1K LT,SE
    • City / Town: Aurora, Colorado.
    • Country: us
    Re: Versys 1000 base model or 1000s ? help to choose
    Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 02:52:01 pm
    April 09, 2022, 02:52:01 pm
    Always get the most / best your finances will allow.  Avoid saying later "I wish I would have gotten......." Of course here in the US, Kawasaki made it the choice easy for us. They only offer the ES model minus the top box and the aux lights.
    Chuck Henderson, Aurora, Colorado
    RIDE a little FASTER, RIDE a little FARTHER
    https://www.facebook.com/chuck.henderson.980
    14 FJR1300A (Ruby FeeJeR) 17 VX300 (Little Gray Bike)
    19 Versys 1000LTSE (Flying Nun)13 V-STrom 650 (WeeIII)

  • Offline Ace50   us

    • Versys Pro  ‐    257
    • ***
      #2

    Offline Ace50

    • Versys Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 257
    • Bike: 2019 V1K SE
    • City / Town: VA
    • Country: us
    Re: Versys 1000 base model or 1000s ? help to choose
    Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 03:00:49 pm
    April 09, 2022, 03:00:49 pm
    *Originally Posted by chucksklrst [+]
    Always get the most / best your finances will allow.  Avoid saying later "I wish I would have gotten......." Of course here in the US, Kawasaki made it the choice easy for us. They only offer the ES model minus the top box and the aux lights.

    I agree. I wanted a V1k for a few years, glad I waited for gen 3. Best bike I'll ever own. Now I can't say: "I wish I would have gotten......."  :138:

  • Online Floydsz1   gb

    • Versys God  ‐    2485
    • *****
      #3

    Online Floydsz1

    • Versys God
    • *****
    • Posts: 2485
    • Bike: 1000 SE GT 2019
    • City / Town: Sunny Morecambe
    • Country: gb
    Re: Versys 1000 base model or 1000s ? help to choose
    Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 03:36:59 pm
    April 09, 2022, 03:36:59 pm
     If you like the bigger dash then that's the one I'd go for. You can fit any extras at a later time so the initial price doesn't seem as much.  If didn't like the spongy feeling of the quickshifter on my Se so I took it off
    Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 04:17:04 pm by Floydsz1

  • Offline Scarecrow   england

    • Versys Pro  ‐    394
    • ***
      #4

    Offline Scarecrow

    • Versys Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 394
    • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
    • City / Town: Prudhoe NE England
    • Country: england
    Re: Versys 1000 base model or 1000s ? help to choose
    Reply #4 on: April 09, 2022, 06:13:51 pm
    April 09, 2022, 06:13:51 pm
    *Originally Posted by delirium [+]
    Hi Guys,
    I am about to get Versys 1000 but cannot make up my mind whether to get base model or S model.   SE is out of the question.
    Apparently base model still have some features like center stand, cruise control and all LED lights.
    Missing would be cornering lights, bigger wind screen, quick shifter, hand guards and new TFT screen.  Personally I don't care much about quick shifter
    cause when I tested it I hated it. Also could live without cornering lights but TFT screen looks a nice improvement over the old one.
    The new bigger wind screen at my height didn't work as expected during test ride.
    What do you think, the old display and wind screen are not that bad?   I have to decide till Monday, down payment went through already.
    Price difference here is like 3k dollars between base model and S.
    Bummer, Here in the UK there standard on the S model

  • Offline delirium   pl

    • Versys Newbie  ‐    6
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #5

    Offline delirium

    • Versys Newbie
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 6
    • Country: pl
    Re: Versys 1000 base model or 1000s ? help to choose
    Reply #5 on: April 09, 2022, 10:42:05 pm
    April 09, 2022, 10:42:05 pm
    maybe you're right but on the other hand why pay for features you don't care about?

  • Offline Deepsea   us

    • Versys Member  ‐    42
    • **
      #6

    Offline Deepsea

    • Versys Member
    • **
    • Posts: 42
    • Bike: 2016 V1K
    • City / Town: Seacoast, NH
    • Country: us
    Re: Versys 1000 base model or 1000s ? help to choose
    Reply #6 on: April 10, 2022, 01:16:42 am
    April 10, 2022, 01:16:42 am
    I am beyond thrilled with my  second generation V1K (2016). Nothing about the 3rd generation has tempted me...except the cruise control. From your list of missing features from the S model here are my thoughts.

    I would add crash bars and mount aux lights. Perhaps this would give you the same visibility as cornering lights.

    The hand guards make a big difference when riding in wet and/or cold. I'd want them and I'd add heated grips.

    TFT screen looks pretty but how often do you want anything but speed and maybe rpm from your clocks while you're riding? Will you be mounting a phone or GPS?

    If it were my money I'd buy the base model, add the crash bars, aux lights, hand guards and heated grips for a bit over $1000. Figure out which aftermarket seat I wanted for around $500. Then I'd still have over $1000 on my pocket.

  • Online Floydsz1   gb

    • Versys God  ‐    2485
    • *****
      #7

    Online Floydsz1

    • Versys God
    • *****
    • Posts: 2485
    • Bike: 1000 SE GT 2019
    • City / Town: Sunny Morecambe
    • Country: gb
    Re: Versys 1000 base model or 1000s ? help to choose
    Reply #7 on: April 10, 2022, 08:40:50 am
    April 10, 2022, 08:40:50 am
    *Originally Posted by Deepsea [+]
    I am beyond thrilled with my  second generation V1K (2016). Nothing about the 3rd generation has tempted me...except the cruise control. From your list of missing features from the S model here are my thoughts.

    I would add crash bars and mount aux lights. Perhaps this would give you the same visibility as cornering lights.

    The hand guards make a big difference when riding in wet and/or cold. I'd want them and I'd add heated grips.

    TFT screen looks pretty but how often do you want anything but speed and maybe rpm from your clocks while you're riding? Will you be mounting a phone or GPS?

    If it were my money I'd buy the base model, add the crash bars, aux lights, hand guards and heated grips for a bit over $1000. Figure out which aftermarket seat I wanted for around $500. Then I'd still have over $1000 on my pocket.

     :762:

  • Offline Kryton 2   england

    • Versys Pro  ‐    115
    • ***
      #8

    Offline Kryton 2

    • Versys Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 115
    • Bike: 2022 Versys 1000
    • City / Town: Brighton
    • Country: england
    Re: Versys 1000 base model or 1000s ? help to choose
    Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 09:43:05 pm
    May 21, 2022, 09:43:05 pm
    Having once again purchased a brand new V1K (waiting to pick it up in a couple of weeks), i went for the base model, simply based on cost. Can't justify a lot of the extras, bigger screen, TFT display, cornering lights etc, as i couldn't care less about them, but that's just me. The 'S' model is 3K more than the base model. Are these features worth it? For some, yes. Everything is relative. Go with what you want, you can always add items later.
    "Sometimes i wonder if all of this is happening, because i didn't forward that email to 10 other people..."

  • Offline savedzrex   us

    • Versys Member  ‐    46
    • **
      #9

    Offline savedzrex

    • Versys Member
    • **
    • Posts: 46
    • Bike: 2018 Versys 1000
    • City / Town: TALLAHASSEE
    • Country: us
    Re: Versys 1000 base model or 1000s ? help to choose
    Reply #9 on: May 24, 2022, 09:44:06 pm
    May 24, 2022, 09:44:06 pm
    Get what you want unless, the price is too high!   I'm glad I grabbed the 2018 V1 it has the power, gear indicator, bags etc.

    I installed a manual cruise...... love the bike  :38: and wow! the 2019 & newer price increase was crazy.    :5:
    My 18 Versys 1000 & 2021 Z900RS