Offline powerfulpete

• Versys Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2015 versys 1000
    • City / Town: mansfield
    nitron shock
    on: August 02, 2022, 06:43:06 pm
    August 02, 2022, 06:43:06 pm
    good evening i fitted a nitron shock absorber around two years ago.on saturday i went a short ride and this shock catastrophificly failed while i was doing 70 mph.after i pulled up i checked the shock to find the piston had come adrift form the bottom mount.i heard a band and the bike sat down around two inches, iwas lucky not to lose the bike.to cut a long story short my wife came out with my old shock which i fitted and rode the bike home.ive looked at the old shock and found that the piston rod has undune itself from the bottom mount until the last thread when its ripped out of the threads .i did notice that the rebound adjuster had stopped clicking like it should do so im asking anyone with a nitron shock to please go and check this urgently as someone else may not be as lucky.i have sent photos to nitron and there picking up the shock on thursday.i cannot understand why this threas is not retained in some way or thread locked.i will try send some photos later but just wanted people to check for their safety

• Offline TYKE   gb

• Versys Mega God  ‐    11348

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
    • Bike: Versys
    • City / Town: Cumbria * U.K
    Re: nitron shock
    Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 07:25:57 pm
    August 02, 2022, 07:25:57 pm
    Good to hear that you weren't involved in an accident as a result  of this failure

Well done for warning others  too   :169:   
    KNOW FROM WHENCE YOU CAME ........

waggish