Author Trying to expand my skill set  (Read 498 times)

• Offline jmason   us

• Versys Pro  ‐    286
    • Topic Author

Offline jmason

• Versys Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2018 V1000
    • City / Town: LITTLETON, CO
    Trying to expand my skill set
    on: February 09, 2024, 05:43:21 am
    February 09, 2024, 05:43:21 am
    I picked up a Bambu Labs printer after Thanksgiving, and have been cranking out pre-made models and designing some of my own things for the past 6 weeks or so.  Trying to get things dialed in so I can make some things my daughter wants for her upcoming wedding (table numbers, wedding cake topper, and some light boxes/lithophanes).   So far I've made some earrings and keychains, and lithophones from a photo of my dad when he was 16.    I've also printed out a few different fidget toys that my wife gives to the children in the schoolroom she works in (she works with ASD kids).

One of the rabbit holes I've gone down is some software from HueForge that creates a 'painted appearance' without having to do a million filament color changes.  I started with pre-designed model of a hummingbird.

Then I started playing with the software a bit, and found an old line art/outline photo of a V1K, so I had to try my luck with that.  I screwed up the order of the colors on this first attempt (started the green too early), but all in all I think it came out looking pretty decent  :028:

If anyone knows were I can get a better hi-res file of a Gen 3 bike, I would appreciate it!  The file below is only about 118\kb

waggish