Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which trip would you choose?  (Read 591 times)

Offline CaptainAdventure

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 V1000
  • City / Town: Pittsburgh
Which trip would you choose?
« on: January 13, 2018, 06:04:28 PM »
I'm planning a month long trip this summer.  Torn between touring the Pacific NW or Nova Scotia.  Never been to either one.  Time and distance are not a factor.  Which would you choose if you could only choose/recommend one?

Offline JEF.FREE.Ryder

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000
Re: Which trip would you choose?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 07:43:18 PM »
Hey  I do not believe you will be disappointed either direction.
 I have also been dreaming of a trip to Canadas Atlantic Coast
    Ride the Cabot Trail and my Newfie buddie at work Is telling me a few other incredible destinations.

I would love to swim in the Pacific one day.  Although its a LONG Distance For Me.  I will not be able to get enough time off work. 

Offline Tony the oldie

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1000 green
  • City / Town: Chelmsford
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 10:58:30 PM »
Captain Adventure

If you go on the Versys 650 Forum - see link below - you will meet Uralrob who lives in Nova Scotia and regularly rides to PNW and Alaska as well as knowing his (large) bit of Canada like the back of his hand and Gustavo who lives in PNW and has been found riding in Nova Scotia and Mexico.  They are both splendid guys who will happily share information with you.

Problem is - they will  probably tell you to go to both PNW and Nova Scotia which will not really answer your question 😀 - so you might end up planning two trips.

Feel free to tell them I gave you their names.

Wish you good planning and even better riding.

Tony

Offline Peter629

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Elmira NY
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 03:47:51 AM »
Nova Scotia. Mostly because of the great roads from Pittsburgh to Nova Scotia. Endless mountains of PA, Adirondacks of NY, Vermont, so much fun.
88 Ducati Paso, 1995 Ducati 900 SP, 99 Moto Guzzi V11, 15 Versys 1000

Offline Paul_Smith

• Ex Member
  • Versys God
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 12:19:40 AM »
Both are beautiful and both are on my bucket list to visit but one is small, and one is not. What is it you want out of the trip, that will tell you where yo need to go to get it. My plan is for the Pyrenees in June.

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 12:57:29 AM »
Paul, my experience of the Pyrenees in June has been very often scorcio, so make sure you have some well vented kit, May is my favourite time.

Recent Topics

waggish